The goal of our committee is to strengthen the support provided by MIT’s administrative offices and functions for the Institute’s international activities. To maximize the impact of our efforts, we work closely with the co-chairs of the faculty-led International Advisory Committee (IAC). The ICC is sponsored by Vice President Claude Canizares and Executive Vice President and Treasurer Israel Ruiz.
The primary roles and responsibilities of our committee include:
1. Negotiations coordination
- track all international engagements and activity
- coordinate negotiation strategy
- draw input from administrative areas in the negotiation of deals
- review and codify lessons learned from past negotiations
2. Policy and procedures
- address policy, processes, and guidelines for international work
- convert one-off issues and questions to standardized info and guidance that is helpful to the community
- track and coordinate needed tasks
3. Working with leadership
- ensure IAC and senior officers are informed of international activities
- seek guidance or decisions on negotiations and policies from leadership
- support country-specific initiatives and working groups
- Read more about the International Coordinating Committee (ICC)
- Members of the International Coordinating Committee
- Members of the International Coordinating Negotiation Team
- Members of the International Coordinating Committee Policy and Procedures Coordinating Group
- Read more about the International Advisory Committee (IAC).
- Find out about the international activities of the Office of Sponsored Programs.