Why sustainable workplace at MIT?
The MIT Sustainable Workplace Certification Program is meant to drive a sustainable transformation across the campus workplace culture at MIT. The program is designed to empower staff, faculty, and student workers to take a leadership role in implementing strategies and practices that will make their workplace a healthy, resource-efficient, proactive steward of the Institute and our planet.
By implementing a sustainable office framework, the goals are to:
- Transform the workplace culture of MIT through active engagement and leadership on sustainability issues, aligning our office operations with the spirit of innovation and stewardship that MIT is known for.
- Reduce negative environmental and health impacts associated with workplace operations, which can save money, boost productivity, and protect MIT and the planet from future harm
How do I get my workplace certified?
Just follow these steps:
- Download the Sustainable Workplace Checklist and use it to guide the decision-making process at your early planning sessions. Tip: The earlier in the event planning process you begin this checklist, the easier it will be to make and implement sustainable choices. Review the checklist and all Help sections in their entirety to familiarize yourself with the framework.
- Fill out each line. Remember to save file often.
- Check the "Planning" box for actions you would like to revisit. Review the Planning sheet tab to complete actions.
- When you are done filling out this form, you will see your score at the bottom of the page. Review and make any changes.
- Once complete, send form to sustainableMIT@mit.edu for final review and official sustainable event certification.
Visit the Office of Sustainability website and begin tracking points towards a gold, bronze or silver certification!