Environment, Health and Safety offers critical training in health and safety, including bio-safety, chemical safety and emergency preparedness training.
Human Resources provides resources and tools to help employees and managers grow and develop skills, including the following programs.
- Essentials of Managing: This course, made up of six classes, is intended to prepare managers at MIT for their core responsibilities in managing individuals. While the program is designed for new managers, it is also relevant for any manager who wants to establish a solid foundation in these core responsibilities.
- Managing for Excellence: This 10 session course is intended to develop experienced managers’ strengths in managing individuals and groups.
- Susan Vogt Leadership Fellows program: This program consists of seven workshops, an executive coach and an individual project with the goal of developing your leadership skills.
- Work-Life Seminar Series: The MIT Work-Life Center’s popular Seminar Series provides research-based strategies, tips, and information to help you deal with a diverse array of work-life issues.
- Leader to Leader (L2L): L2L is a unique leadership development program for leaders from the MIT community. This program is offered annually. For more information, and to apply, visit the Human Resources website. To learn more about L2L's impact, watch our video.
IS&T offers the community online and classroom training on MIT administrative systems, data management, and other IT-based topics. The Training page provides an overview of these offerings, from courses on SAP, Data Reporting and Financial Tools, and Student Administration to web-based software training from lynda.com (at no charge). You can also search for courses, documents, and lynda playlists using IS&Ts new Training Catalog grid.
MIT Medical offers health and wellness classes including yoga, pilates, stress reduction through mindfulness, and childbirth preparation classes.
MIT Police. The Crime Prevention and Sensitive Crimes Unit of the Police at MIT provides safety training programs for any MIT department or organization.
The Office of Sponsored Programs provides a resource for questions and to aid in training and professional development needs related to Research Administration.
Financial training. The Office of the Vice President for Finance (VPF) offers a host of online and in person training geared to administrative and financial staff at MIT, including Fundamentals of Financial Management, Accounting Fundamentals, Intro to Accounts Payable, Introduction to Financial Review and Control, Introduction to Sourcing & Procurement, Concur Travel Expense Reporting, and Fiscal Year End Workshop.
Project management. The Project Management Learning Bundle is designed to support your development in the essential role of project manager or as a refresher for your project management skills.