Essentials of Managing provides new MIT managers and experienced managers seeking a refresher on best practices with a solid foundation for managing effectively at MIT.
Offered by Human Resources, the multi-session cohort program includes in-person workshops, a self-assessment, web-based training, and ongoing conversations between the participants and their managers.
Participants will learn and grow along with managers from across MIT. Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of a manager at MIT
- Identify the strengths they bring to the role of manager
- Appreciate the significance of the manager-employee relationship
- Recognize and apply relevant law and MIT policy
- Identify good human resources management practices and strategies to apply them
- Find applicable MIT resources and recognize when to use them
The spring 2016 session will be held once a week (on Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) from April 27, 2016 through June 1, 2016. Enrollment is now open, and eligible participants are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis. To participate, you must manage at least one MIT employee.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.