Inspired by the popularity of the first Careers Across MIT in 2013, MIT Human Resources (HR) will be hosting the networking open house again this year at Walker Memorial?s Morss Hall in 50-140 on May 1 from noon to 2 p.m. Careers Across MIT offers Institute employees a chance to network with representatives from a variety of schools, departments, labs, and centers (DLCs), while exploring career opportunities and related training options. Last year, more than 400 members of the community attended, giving the event rave reviews.
Stop by Walker Memorial on May 1 from noon-2 p.m. to:
- network with representatives from MIT?s schools, departments, labs, and centers.
- see how others are advancing their career through social media.
- ask an Administrative Officer or a Financial Officer about their work.
- ask a Human Resources Officer about the role of the HRO.
- find out how to access career counseling or use MIT?s Tuition Assistance Plan.
- talk to members of the Employee Resource Groups and Working Group for Support Staff Issues about their organizations.
- learn more about the services that the Work-Life Center provides.
Representatives from the following DLCs will be on hand to share information about their work, services, and the types of positions in their areas:
- Alumni Association
- Division of Student Life
- Environment, Health and Safety Office (EHS)
- Information Systems and Technology (IS&T)
- Lincoln Laboratory
- Media Lab
- MIT Medical
- Office of the Dean for Graduate Education (ODGE)
- Office of the Dean for Undergraduate Education (DUE)
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
- Office of the Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- Public Service Center (PSC)
- Resource Development
- Security and Emergency Management Office (SEMO)
- School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences (SHASS)
- Sloan School of Management
- School of Engineering (SOE)
- School of Science (SOS)
For more information
Contact Elizabeth Hawley by email or phone 617-253-7689.