On November 16, 2016, HR will host a workshop in collaboration with Project Citizenship ? a Boston non-profit that helps individuals who have green-cards and who meet other requirements apply for citizenship. The workshop is open to all eligible Support, Service, SRS and Administrative Staff. Eligibility will be determined by our partners at Project Citizenship.
At the workshop, eligible employees will be scheduled to work with a member of HR to fill out their citizenship application ? and to then meet with a lawyer who will review the completed application. The entire process will take approximately two hours.
If you want to participate in the workshop and complete a citizenship application, please note that you will need to sign up ahead of time by calling the number at the end of this article. You are eligible to apply for citizenship if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are a legal permanent resident for at least 5 years (or 3 years if you are married to a U.S. citizen)
- Are able to read, write, and speak basic English
- Are able to pay an application fee of $680 to the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
- Have not taken any trips outside of the U.S. for over 6 months
- Would take an oath to the U.S. and its constitution
Before the workshop on November 16, please gather the following items/information together and bring them with you to the workshop:
- A green card
- Your Social Security number
- A passport
- Two 2x2 photos
- List of addresses for the past 5 years
- List of employers for the past 5 years
- A money order or check for $680.00 or a charge card on which this can be charged
If you are interested, please let your supervisor know and then call Project Citizenship at 617-694-5949 to check your eligibility and schedule an appointment.