Essentials of Managing provides new MIT managers and experienced managers seeking a refresher on best practices with a solid foundation for managing effectively at MIT.
Offered by Human Resources, the multi-session cohort program includes in-person workshops, a self-assessment, web-based training, and ongoing conversations between the participants and their managers.
Essentials of Managing is intended to prepare managers at MIT for their core responsibilities in managing individuals. While the program is designed for new managers, it is also relevant for any manager who wants to establish a solid foundation in these core responsibilities.
Participants will learn and grow along with managers from across MIT. Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a manager at MIT
- Identify the strengths one brings to the role of manager
- Appreciate the significance of the manager-employee relationship
- Recognize and apply relevant law and MIT policy
- Identify good human resources management practices and strategies to apply them
- Find applicable MIT resources and recognize when to use them
The spring 2018 sessions will be held on April 4, April 11, April 25, May 2, and May 9 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Enrollment is now open through February 16, and eligible participants are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis. To participate, you must manage at least one MIT employee.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.