After many months of collaboration with a User Advisory Group comprising 38 individuals from across MIT, VPF and IS&T will be rolling out the new buy to pay (B2P) system to a group of pilot DLCs beginning on August 29, 2016, followed by a larger pilot in October 2016. Throughout the pilot rollout, the project team will be working closely with DLCs to prepare for the transition and offer training opportunities.
The B2P project will deliver a new and improved system for shopping, buying, and paying. The cloud-based system brings transactions to one central portal for requisitions, purchase orders, and invoice approvals, and includes a reporting dashboard that provides visibility into B2P transactions.
This August, participating DLCs ? including VPF, IS&T, Sloan Finance, Resource Development, and the Alumni Association ? will pilot:
- A new customer-service model, with a central help desk dedicated to answering buying and paying-related questions
- Revised and more easily searchable policies, including an updated electronic record retention policy
- Simplified procedures, including a streamlined process for new supplier registration
In October the second phase of the pilot will add the following DLCs:
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Brain & Cognitive Sciences
- Kavli Institute
- Nuclear Reactor Laboratory
- SHASS Dean?s Office
- Sloan Executive Education
- Sloan Technology Services
The B2P system, customer service, and revised policies and procedures will be available to the entire MIT community for the full rollout in late 2016 into early 2017.
The team welcomes questions to the project email address, email@example.com.