In Campus Services (CS), we support the mission of the Institute by keeping vital services running smoothly. Our areas within Facilities are responsible for the heating, cooling, cleaning, maintenance, and repair of MIT buildings. We also deliver mail, care for landscaping, and manage MIT’s waste streams. Through our Security and Emergency Management Office (SEMO) and the Parking and Transportation Office, we keep MIT offices safe and ensure that transportation to and around campus runs smoothly.
We maintain campus buildings so that the faculty, students, and staff in these facilities can do their best to contribute to MIT's mission.
Customer satisfaction is our primary objective, and we created our Customer Service Center (CSC) expressly to deliver on that goal. The CSC staff is dedicated to streamlining work orders and distributing keys from our centrally located office in Building 7.
With a number of new and recently renovated buildings on campus, we have ramped up our proactive building maintenance by creating the Comprehensive Stewardship Group (CSG). CSG complements our regular repair and maintenance services by attending to these new and renovated buildings to ensure that they remain current with modern usage and standards. The bottom-line goal of the CSG is to maintain buildings for optimum performance so that the faculty, students, and staff in these facilities can do their best to contribute to MIT's mission.
- View the Green Cleaning Program presentation as seen at the EVP Poster Session, October 17, 2014 held at the Media Lab, and see our sustainable focused custodial team members in action
- Learn more about Facilities Operations
- Order building services through SAPweb
- Read about the work of the Comprehensive Stewardship Group
- Find out about the safety programs offered by the MIT Security and Emergency Management Office (SEMO)
Customer Service Center
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.