Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is MIT’s central information technology (IT) services organization. We are responsible for enterprise services, systems, support, and infrastructure. This includes IT security, administrative applications (human resources, finance, facilities, and environment, health, and safety); academic applications (student systems, admissions, learning/course management, registration, scheduling, and grading); and the MIT network and data centers on campus and beyond.
IS&T serves all members of the MIT community – researchers, faculty, staff, and students. We provide a broad range of computing support, including the IS&T Service Desk, hardware, software and operating system support, consulting on accessibility and usability, and a self-service Knowledge Base.
Given today’s rapid IT changes, IS&T is optimizing its services for rapid deployment and user experience.
IS&T began a multi-dimensional transformation in Fiscal Year 2015. Informed by guiding principles from the Office of the Executive Vice President and Treasurer and by MIT’s 2020 IT Vision, the organization has been streamlined into three capability groupings: Emerging Solutions, Enabling Services, and Administration & Planning.
The department’s new service model is based on high-velocity innovation using platforms, APIs and open architecture to meet differentiated needs. Guided by an agile mindset, we are committed to developing and nurturing strong partnerships with the community.
- Department website: Learn more about what Information Systems and Technology has to offer.
- MIT’s 2020 IT Vision: Read about the transformation of IT@MIT.
- Knowledge resources: Our Knowledge Base provides self-help to the community anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Online training: IS&T’s Computer Course Training Catalog lets you search for courses on topics ranging from Brio and Cognos to SAP and Drupal Cloud. Many of these courses are accessible from the Learning Center on Atlas. The Learning Center also provides access to technology courses from Lynda.com and Skillsoft.
- Virtual meetings: Members of the community can set up virtual meetings with colleagues here and around the globe using the MIT WebEx service.
- Secure computing: IS&T provides extensive information about IT security and what it means to practice secure computing.
- What’s new: Keep up to date on new and enhanced services from IS&T and on IT developments around MIT through IS&T’s News blog, Facebook page, and Twitter feed.
IS&T Service Desk
Telephone / Online: M–F, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Walk-ins: M–F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
E17-110, 40 Ames Street
Cambridge, MA 02139