Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is MIT’s central information technology (IT) services organization. We support MIT’s administration, research, and educational enterprise by providing IT infrastructure and services. These range from student and administrative systems, to network operations and cloud services, to security and customer support.
IS&T collaborates with MIT faculty, staff, and students on innovative IT solutions to meet the diverse needs of the community. We provide a broad range of computing support, including the IS&T Service Desk; hardware, software, and operating system support; online and on-site training; and a self-service Knowledge Base.
Given today’s rapid IT changes, IS&T is optimizing its services for rapid deployment and user experience.
Informed by guiding principles from the Office of the Executive Vice President and Treasurer and by MIT’s 2020 IT Vision, IS&T’s service model is based on enabling high-velocity innovation using platforms, application programming interfaces (APIs), and open architecture to meet differentiated needs.
IS&T continues its migration to the hybrid cloud. This move enables us to support legacy, business-critical applications, while providing a flexible infrastructure to support new virtual machine (VM) applications and Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings.
- Department website: Learn more about what Information Systems and Technology has to offer.
- MIT’s 2020 IT Vision: Read about the transformation of IT@MIT.
- Knowledge resources: Our Knowledge Base provides self-help to the community anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Training: IS&T provides online and on-site training and knowledge management support. Many IT-related courses are available through the Learning Center on Atlas, including technology courses from Lynda.com and Skillsoft. IS&T also provides an Elearning@MIT site for those interested in creating their own online training.
- Virtual meetings: Members of the community can set up virtual meetings with colleagues here and around the globe using the MIT WebEx service.
- Secure computing: IS&T provides extensive information about IT security and what it means to practice secure computing.
- Software grid: Search for and download the latest versions of software available to members of the MIT community through IS&T’s software grid.
- What’s new: Keep up to date on new and enhanced services from IS&T and on IT developments around MIT through IS&T’s News blog, as well as by following IS&T on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (mit_ist).
IS&T Service Desk
Telephone / Online: M–F, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Walk-ins: M–F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
E17-106, 40 Ames Street
Cambridge, MA 02139