At Institute Events, we oversee special visits and events on behalf of MIT’s senior officers. We are a key resource for offices and departments across the Institute on event planning and issues of protocol. We manage the MIT Events & Information Center, Visitor Information, Commencement, Conference Services, Community Services, and several lecture series.
We are the key community resource for event planning and issues of protocol.
The MIT Events and Information Center
We serve visitors to campus but also provide key resources to members of the MIT community. We can help you to:
- Register an event.
- Learn how to work with Conference Services.
- Connect with other MIT event planners.
- Advertise an event on the LED display in Bosworth’s Café.
- Reserve space for your event posters in the Infinite Corridor display cases.
- Welcome delegations and official visitors.
- Recommend spaces on campus for events.
- Obtain information related to Commencement, such as department planning, ticketing, regalia, hotel accommodations, parking, and weather issues.
Visit our office in Lobby 7 (7-121) between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday for help with any of these issues.
MIT Conference Services Office
Whether it’s a conference, meeting, or symposium, planning an event requires coordination with a host of individuals and service providers. MIT Conference Services is your one-stop shop, providing professional conference planning and registration services to event organizers on campus and off. We make it possible for you to focus your time and attention on the content of your MIT program while we handle the rest.
MIT Community Services Office (CSO)
Institute Events also oversees the MIT Community Services Office (CSO), which offers programs that strengthen the connections between the Institute and the members of the MIT community. We aim to optimize the work-life experience for faculty, staff, students, and retirees by providing opportunities to participate in social, educational, and cultural activities on the Cambridge campus and at Lincoln Laboratory.
The CSO supports these core MIT activities
- The MIT Activities Committee (MITAC)
- The Quarter Century Club
- The Association of MIT Retirees
- Community Giving at MIT
Visit our office in E38-234 Monday through Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m. to learn more about CSO organizations and activities.
Find out more about these MIT Institute Events’ services:
- Visitor Information
- MIT Events & Information Center
- Conference Services
- Community Services
- Lecture Series
Gayle M. Gallagher
Senior Director of Institute Events and Protocol
MIT Room 7-121, just off Lobby 7, 617-253-4795