The Office of Campus Planning supports the MIT mission by serving as stewards of the evolving physical campus and providing services that guide and inform campus strategy and transformation. We collaborate with MIT designers, engineers, and project managers on the planning, programming, and design of capital and capital renewal projects. Through an inclusive process, we pursue the continuing creation of campus spaces that sustain and inspire the exceptional community at MIT.
- We promote planning and design excellence for MIT’s campus within its local and regional context.
- We consider and advocate for the diverse interests of a forward-looking MIT community.
- We endeavor to create and steward educational environments that foster collaboration, innovation, creative passion, and well-being.
At OCP, we undertake a range of planning and design coordination projects, from strategic planning and building feasibility studies to designer selection, ADA coordination, and capital project permits. At each stage of planning, we evaluate and prioritize issues of design, sustainability, accessibility, optimal land use, fiscal responsibility, and neighborhood impact. Working on behalf of the Institute, we strive to cultivate a long-term vision that promotes the best possible environment for the fulfillment of MIT’s mission.
- Learn more about the Office of Campus Planning
- Explore MIT’s renovation and building projects, and find out how they support our academic, research, and community priorities