The Office of Major Agreements (OMA) supports the MIT community in their pursuit of educational and research opportunities beyond the Cambridge campus. Over the years, this has translated into a primary focus on international operations (e.g. working on major foreign partnership agreements), as well as some domestic activity. We provide support to the community in several ways:
- Helping negotiate agreements for new international partnerships and programs, particularly on their financial and business aspects;
- Leading projects that address the policies, processes, and procedures connected to international program operations;
- Providing safety and security risk management services connected with international travel;
- Supporting the Office of the Associate Provost for International Activities; and
- Staffing and supporting the work of the International Coordinating Committee (ICC).
OMA supports the MIT community in their pursuit of educational and research opportunities beyond the Cambridge campus.
We work closely with colleagues in a number of offices, including: Associate Provost for International Activities, Vice President for Finance, General Counsel, Resource Development, Human Resources, and Sponsored Programs. Representatives from these offices, along with those from DLCs, schools, major international programs, and administrative offices, are members of the ICC, co-chaired by the Directors of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and OMA.
- International Coordinating Commitee, a resource for international projects and activities
- Five steps to complete an agreement
- Global MIT, MIT’s international presence
- International Safety and Security
OMA Assistant Director