At Student Financial Services (SFS) we provide students and their families with the resources necessary to meet their financial obligations and we assist students with affording an MIT education through our need-based financial aid program.
We combine our financial aid and bursar services into one office, located in the Student Services Center, building 11-120. MIT students have designated counselors assigned to assist them assigned by last name. Students can contact us via phone/email for questions or come into our office to meet with a counselor on a walk-in basis.
By helping today’s students finance their education, we hope to inspire them to join the infinite circle of support that allows MIT to ensure access and affordability for future generations.
- We bill and collect tuition, fees and other charges and help students explore available financing options.
- We award need-based financial aid from MIT and federal sources and coordinate receipt of other aid. If students apply for an education loan, we provide advice on debt management strategies and help students manage loan repayments.
- We maintain a robust listing of student employment opportunities, on- and off-campus and can guide students through the student employment process.
- Financial Aid Application and Information: Undergraduate Students
- Financial Aid Application and Information: Graduate Students
- Student billing and repayment
- Student jobs
Student Financial Services
For administrative billing questions send an email.