The Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC) is a decision-making body that reports directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President and Treasurer.
The ITGC has been charged with the following:
- Ensure development and maintenance of a three-year strategic IS&T plan for an IT environment in support of the vision and mission of MIT.
- Ensure the proper sharing of responsibility and setting the priorities for IS&T investments and the deployment of resources by reviewing and making decisions on IS&T projects. Ensure proper sponsorship for IS&T projects.
- Guide, direct and approve the establishment and implementation of policies, guidelines and standards pertaining to the use of IT within MIT.
- Identify and charge sub-committees or working groups as appropriate to complete the committee charge and provide funding and review of progress as needed.
- Advise EVP and Provost on IT matters at MIT.
Professor Karen Gleason, Associate Provost (Co-Chair)
Anthony Sharon, Deputy Executive Vice President, Office of the Executive Vice President & Treasurer (Co-Chair)
John Charles, Vice President for Information Systems and Technology
Armand Doucette, Executive Director of Information Technology, Sloan School of Management (non-IS&T IT Representative)
Professor Dennis Freeman, Dean for Undergraduate Education (Education Representative)
Professor M. Frans Kaashoek, Charles Piper Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (Technology Domain Expert)
Professor Maria T. Zuber, Vice President for Research (Research Representative)